Exclusively from Sporty’s
Over 80 years ago, the original A-2 was introduced by the USAAF as “standard issue.” Since then, it has become a cultural icon, worn by World War II aces and Hollywood stars alike. Our beautiful A-2 is crafted with the original Mil-Spec #A2-98 as our guide, but updated for today’s pilot. Imported.
• Semi-aniline leather is long-lasting and easy to clean, but retains a natural look
• Glove tanned brown goatskin is soft and flexible
• Oversized, #7 brass YKK zippers are easy to use, even with gloves
• Clean one-piece back for a classic fit
• Three-piece underarm gusset allows for easy arm movement in the cockpit
• Authentic wool knit cuffs are warm, but supremely comfortable and flexible
• Double-entry pockets: side handwarmer slots plus snap-top storage pockets
• Full cut pattern for a looser fit, but with tight-fitting waist to block wind
• Epaulet holders on each shoulder and snap-down leather collar
Why buy a leather flight jacket from Sporty's?
• Our jackets are made by Taylor's Leatherwear, a company that has been designing and manufacturing leather jackets for pilots since the 1940's - that's 80 years of expertise.
• All Taylor's Leatherwear jackets are guaranteed for 5 years: Taylor's Leatherwear warrants to the original owner that the garment will be free from defects in materials and workmanship for five years. If defective you may return it to us for replacement or repair. Taylor's will also, however, stand behind their products for the life of your leather jacket. If it becomes defective, ever, and we feel it should not have, send it back to us and we will repair it at no charge.
• Repairs that are due to normal wear and tear or accident will be fixed, cleaned, and refinished at standard charges in place at the time of service - but only Taylor's Leatherwear brand jackets will be serviced.
• All Taylor's jackets are made from the finest quality leather tanned with environmentally friendly techniques.
• Every jacket is cut and sewn by hand - taking up to 5 hours to complete - and each is carefully inspected for quality and craftsmanship before we send it to you.
Add a custom embroidered patch!
Two lines of text only: 12 characters (including spaces) per line, or a silhouette and one line of text.
See all silhouette options
1. Please specify size
2. Please specify with or without patch
3. With patch, please specify silhouette and one line of embroidery of 12 characters (including spaces) or two lines of embroidery of 12 characters (including spaces) per line with no silhouette